Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spiritual Retreat 2012.1

Every church I've been in I have had what they called spiritual days. The most often way of doing this, or allocating as it could be called, was to say one spiritual day a month. These could usually be hoarded for use with the idea built in that you could not store all of them and then take a nice vacation. : ]

Unfortunately, I never took any of them. Sad for me.

And so, in my desperate quest to know God more and to realize the more that he has for me, I quickly put together a retreat last week. I talked to the Leadership Team and asked them what they thought of me taking a small retreat and their response was funny. They said, "What? A pastor taking a spiritual retreat!!" It was very funny. I like facetiousness.

So I am very excited to be here. I am the only one in the whole building/castle.

Today I arrived in the afternoon and then got settled. I then went for a hike and ended up going 4.5 miles. Here are so pictures that I took:

It was good to be out in God's creation. I saw a lot of wildlife and enjoyed walking and talking with God. I plan on continuing a spiritual retreat Bible study that I have started today and then watching Faith Like Potatoes and going to sleep.

I have a busy day tomorrow!

Hope you all are having a good week!

 

Dave

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment