Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Daniel Fast

I was looking up some information on the Daniel Fast and came across this site.

I signed up and got an email with a list of foods that are "allowed" and "disallowed." It really helped me.

Many times I have seen people talking about fasting in order to receive some financial boon or for some super special end. I think we all know that God is not a "magic wand" God. So, instead, why don't we focus on fasting as a way to grow closer to God and His will. Let it be ANOTHER discipline that helps you remove things from your life that remove you from God.

For me, fasting is about Sovereignty. God is to be first in my life. Not my needs, not even my physical ones. I was reminded just tonight about Elijah that had to run for his life from a King that wanted him dead. God told him to go to a special place that would keep him safe. Elijah asked what he would eat. And God said, I will provide you with food.

God, you are my King. It is by your hand that I am able to do anything. Let me be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment