Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day Four 2012

Today is the fourth day of my fast. I meant to blog every day and that hasn't happened. Not off to a good start!

I was hoping to blog each day and have a small devotional thought plus list some prayer needs that I have prayed for. Maybe I can start today and go forward.

Today, Shirley is on my mind. I just found out she went to the hospital yesterday. She asked for something to read so tomorrow I'll go over and take her a book.

Char needs prayer. I know she is getting ready for her operation tomorrow.

Cathy is on my mind too. She is having a hard time with her stomach issues and it is knocking her out from doing the things she wants to do.

Dan Bohi is traveling and preaching at churches and will be here next Thursday and Friday. These services will be at 7 pm. I believe he will help us draw closer to God and give our lives to living a holy life. I am excited to see what God is going to do. I am praying that he will use Dan to transform our hearts.

- - - -

This morning I read about David testing out his armor and it not working for him. So he took it off and instead picked five smooth stones. He then went forward with God's power and those five stones.

It only took one. One stone. That is God's power. We prepare and then we give it to God. He takes it and says, "Watch what I am gonna do!" And he does the amazing. And ultimately this led to him becoming the king of Israel.

The question my book asked was, "What are your five stones?" And she was talking about picking five pieces of Scripture to be the mainstay of what your stand on during this time of preparation for whatever God has in store for you. This is all about seeking God. Knowing him well.

How many of us would say we know God well? If God walked up to us in the flesh, would we be able to say that he is our best friend? Would God agree based on His experience with us? Do we "hang out"' with God on a regular basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment